The following information is for 2016. Be sure to keep checking back for information about Pokémon League events for 2017! You can also join our Facebook group for up-to-date information!
Welcome to the Nashicon Pokémon League! This is an event at Nashicon 2016 that includes both our usual 3DS-based Pokémon League event as well as other events that may or may not require you to have a 3DS!
2016 Pokémon League Events:
Non-league Pokémon Events:
Calling all Pokémon Trainers! Do you want to be the very best, like no-one ever was? Do you have a copy of Pokémon X, Y, OmegaRuby or AlphaSapphire? Do you want a chance at winning free admission to Nashicon 2017, and other cool prizes? Challenge the Nashicon Pokémon League at Nashicon 2016!
Hey, I want to be a Gym Leader!
All of our Gym Leader spots are currently filled for 2016. Applications for Nashicon 2017 should be available around late December to early January!
How to Enter:
- You must have a Nashicon badge
- There is an entry fee of $5 to enter the League. You get one free continue, after that it is $1 to continue if you lose
- You can enter and pick up your League Booklet beginning at 5pm Friday at the Pokémon League table
- You will need to write down your name, email and address (so we can send you cool stuff if you win), as well as list the nine Pokémon you will be using to challenge the League
What do I get if I win?
- If you defeat at least 8 gym leaders and 2 of the Elite 4, you will get your own special Nashicon League Trainer Card mailed to you after the convention!
- If you defeat at least 8 gym leaders, all of the Elite 4 and the Champion, you will get free admission to Nashicon 2017!
- If you collect all of the badges (14 from the Gym Leaders, 4 from the Elite 4 and 1 from the Champion), you’ll get a special Shiny Pokémon! What is it? You’ll find out at the convention!
- Remember that every member of the League is a volunteer, and just like you they want to have fun! Please don’t intentionally use annoying strategies or exploit loopholes in our rules just to win faster.
- You must have one of the 3DS Pokémon Games (X, Y, OmegaRuby or AlphaSapphire)
- When you sign up for the League, you will need to list nine Pokémon – those are the ONLY Pokémon you are allowed to use while you are challenging the League. If a League member finds that you have changed to a different Pokémon than what is listed on your trainer sheet, you will be immediately disqualified and blacklisted.
- If you lose your League booklet, you can be issued a replacement for $1. Any badges that you earned previously must be earned again.
- You will be disqualified and blacklisted if you use any banned Pokémon or items. Please consult the list of banned Pokémon and items below for more information.
- You will be disqualified and blacklisted if you are found to be using any hacked or unreleased Pokémon, items, moves or abilities. Even if you got it in a trade from someone else, you’ll be disqualified, no exceptions.
- To challenge the Elite 4 you need all eight badges, and to challenge the Champion you must have all eight normal badges and all four Elite 4 badges
- You are allowed one rematch per League member. So, if you lose once to a Gym Leader, you can re-challenge the same Gym Leader one more time. If you lose the second time you can either challenge a different Gym Leader or pay a $1 fee to re-challenge the same Gym Leader again. Same goes for the Elite 4 and the Champion.
- If the League member is busy or has other challengers waiting to battle them, you may not immediately rematch them.
- If at any time a League member that is on Staff needs to quit the battle for staff-related reasons, you are allowed to rematch them later with no penalty; the match does not count toward your continues.
- Gym Leaders, Elite 4 and the Champion will stop accepting challengers Sunday at 3pm
THIS MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY POINT
Unless specified, all forms, including Mega Evolutions, of the following Pokémon are banned:
- Volcanion (it isn’t available anyway, so you shouldn’t be using one in the first place!)
- Speed Boost Blaziken
- Protean Greninja
- Sky Forme Shaymin
Banned Mega Stones:
Gengarite, Kangaskhanite, Lucarionite, Mawilite, Salamencite, Blazikenite, Latiasite, Latiosite
Swagger, Double Team, Minimize, Fissure, Sheer Cold, Horn Drill, Guillotine
Moody, Sand Veil, Snow Cloak, and Pokémon with unreleased hidden abilities: Raikou with Volt Absorb, Entei with Flash Fire, Suicune with Water Absorb, and Heatran with Flame Body
The following clauses are in effect:
- Sleep Clause – Only one Pokémon may be put to sleep on the opposing team at a time, if not induced by a move such as Rest.
- Species Clause – You may not have two Pokemon with the same Pokedex number on the same team.
- Endless Battle Clause – Any moveset on any Pokémon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned.
- Item Clause – You may not have two or more of the same held item(s) on your team at the same time
No 3DS? No problem! You can still catch ém all! For the first time at Nashicon 2016 we’ll have our Pokédex hunt. There will be at least 150 Pokémon hidden around the convention center for you to find. Take pictures of them with your phone or camera and show the pictures to the attendant at the League Headquarters to fill up your Pokédex and win some cool prizes. The Dex Hunt will start on Friday night and continuing until the end of the convention on Sunday.
Back to the top
For one hour, we’ll sing songs from the Pokémon anime and movies! Think you know the entire Pokérap? Come prove it! It’s free to enter, and the only prize is the nostalgia you’ll feel singing along to the Orange Islands theme.
Back to the top
What is a flash-style tournament? It’s a tournament where each participant can only use one Pokémon for the entire tournament! The tournament will start a 3pm Saturday. You can sign up at any point prior to the start of the tournament to participate. Participation is free. You must have a 3DS and a copy of X,Y, OmegaRuby or AlphaSapphire to participate. The winner will receive a badge for Nashicon 2017 and a Nashicon 2016 t-shirt, and second place will receive their choice of a badge for Nashicon 2017 or a Nashicon 2016 t-shirt. Other mystery prizes may be involved! To make things fair and fun for everyone, we have a list of banned Pokémon, items, moves and abilities that cannot be used during the Flash-style tournament:
- Any Pokémon, moves, abilties and items banned from our Pokémon League (see above)
- Any mega stones/mega evolved Pokémon
- Perish Song
Note that this list is not finalized and may change at any time up until the dates of the convention.
Back to the top
This will be held on Saturday night. Participation is free. You may sign up at any point prior to 6pm on Saturday at the Pokémon League Headquarters. You must have a 3DS and a copy of Pokémon Red, Blue or Yellow on the Virtual Console in order to participate. The winner will receive a badge for Nashicon 2017 and a Nashicon 2016 t-shirt, and second place will receive their choice of a badge for Nashicon 2017 or a Nashicon 2016 t-shirt.
First and second place will also receive custom trainer cards after the convention. Other mystery prizes may be involved! To make things fair, there will be a small list of banned Pokémon and moves. The following are not allowed to be used during the Generation 1 tournament:
- One-hit KO moves (Fissure, Guillotine and Horn Drill)
- Self-KO moves (Selfdestruct, Explosion)
- Accuracy altering moves (Sand Attack, Smokescreen, Flash, Double Team and Minimize)
- Missingno or other hacked Pokémon