Welcome to the Pokémon League! This is an event at NashiCon 2018 that includes our usual 3DS-based Pokémon League event, as well as our Pokédex Scavenger Hunt!
Non-League Pokémon Events at NashiCon 2018:
No 3DS? No problem! You can still catch ém all! For the past two years we’ve filled the halls and rooms of the Columbia Convention Center with little cutouts of Pokémon, and we’re not about to stop now! There will be at least 150 Pokémon hidden around the convention center for you to find. Take pictures of them with your phone or camera and show the pictures to the attendant at the League Headquarters to fill up your Pokédex! The Dex Hunt will start on Friday night and continuing until the end of the convention on Sunday. The first person to complete their Pokédex will receive free admission to NashiCon 2019. But if you get there too late, don’t worry – we’ll have other prizes to hand out as well!
Calling all Pokémon Trainers! Do you want to be the very best, like no-one ever was? Do you have a copy of Pokémon Sun, Moon, UltraSun or UltraMoon? Do you want a chance at winning free admission to NashiCon 2019, and other cool prizes? Challenge the NashiCon Pokémon League at NashiCon 2018!
Hey, I want to be a Gym Leader!:
The application to be a gym leader will be available in January 2018. Thank you for your patience!
How to Enter:
- You must have a NashiCon badge.
- There is an entry fee of $5 to enter the League. You get one free continue, after that it is $1 to continue if you lose.
- You can enter and pick up your League Booklet beginning at 5pm Friday at the Pokémon League table.
- You will need to write down your name and email (so we can send you cool stuff if you win), as well as list the six Pokémon you will be using to challenge the League
What Do I Get if I Win?:
- If you defeat at least 8 gym leaders and 2 of the Elite 4, you will get your own special, custom-made NashiCon League Trainer Card!
- If you defeat at least 8 gym leaders, all of the Elite 4 and the Champion, you will get free admission to NashiCon 2019!
- If you collect all of the badges (14 from the Gym Leaders, 4 from the Elite 4 and 1 from the Champion), you’ll get a special Pokémon! Is it a shiny? Is it a legendary? We’ll announce it closer to the convention!
- Remember that every member of the League is a volunteer, and just like you they want to have fun! Please don’t intentionally use annoying strategies or exploit loopholes in our rules just to win faster.
- You must have Pokémon Sun, Pokémon Moon, Pokémon UltraSun or Pokémon UltraMoon.
- When you sign up for the League, you will need to list SIX Pokémon – those are the ONLY Pokémon you are allowed to use while you are challenging the League. If a League member finds that you have changed to a different Pokémon than what is listed on your trainer sheet, you will be immediately disqualified and blacklisted. In previous years we allowed nine – but it has now been lowered to six!
- If you lose your League booklet, you can be issued a replacement for $1. Any badges that you earned previously must be earned again.
- You will be disqualified and blacklisted if you use any banned Pokémon or items. Please consult the list of banned Pokémon and items below for more information.
- You will be disqualified and blacklisted if you are found to be using any hacked or unreleased Pokémon, items, moves or abilities. Even if you got it in a trade from someone else, you’ll be disqualified, no exceptions.
- To challenge the Elite 4 you need all eight badges, and to challenge the Champion you must have all eight normal badges and all four Elite 4 badges.
- You are allowed one rematch per League member. So, if you lose once to a Gym Leader, you can re-challenge the same Gym Leader one more time. If you lose the second time you can either challenge a different Gym Leader or pay a $1 fee to re-challenge the same Gym Leader again. Same goes for the Elite 4 and the Champion.
- If the League member is busy or has other challengers waiting to battle them, you may not immediately rematch them.
- If at any time a League member that is on Staff needs to quit the battle for staff-related reasons, you are allowed to rematch them later with no penalty; the match does not count toward your continues.
- Gym Leaders, Elite 4 and the Champion will stop accepting challengers Sunday at 3pm.
Official Banned/Restricted and Clause List:
THIS MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY POINT UP TO AND INCLUDING AT THE CONVENTION.
Unless otherwise noted, none of the following Pokémon may be used in any form (including Mega Evolutions/Primal Reversions, etc.) on your team:
- Greninja (Protean)
- White Kyurem
- Sky Shaymin
- Zeraora (it hasn’t even been released yet!)
- Zygarde complete form/100% form
Banned Mega Stones:
- Sand Veil
- Snow Cloak
- Double Team
- Sheer Cold
- Horn Drill
You may not use any of the following Pokémon, as it is currently impossible to have them in your game without hacking:
- Raikou with Volt Absorb
- Entei with Flash Fire
- Suicune with Water Absorb
- Heatran with Flame Body
- Rowlet, Dartrix or Decidueye with Long Reach
- Litten, Torracat or Incineroar with Intimidate
- Popplio, Brionne or Primarina with Liquid Voice
- Oranguru with Symbiosis
- Passimian with Defiant
- Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Fini, or Tapu Bulu with Telepathy
Only one Pokémon from the following list can be used on your team:
- Hoopa (regular or unbound)
- Kyurem (black or regular)
- Tapu Bulu
- Tapu Fini
- Tapu Koko
- Tapu Lele
The following clauses are in effect:
- Sleep Clause – Only one Pokémon may be put to sleep on the opposing team at a time, if not induced by a move such as Rest.
- Species Clause – You may not have two Pokemon with the same Pokedex number on the same team.
- Endless Battle Clause – Any moveset on any Pokémon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned.
- Item Clause – You may not have two or more of the same held item(s) on your team at the same time.
- Baton Pass Clause – You may not have two or more Pokémon with the move Baton Pass on your team.