You can apply for the 2017 Anime Dating Games by filling out this form!
What is the Dating Game, you ask? It’s a game show where in-character cosplayers compete with each-other to win the heart of a bachelor or bachelorette that is also cosplaying, and responding in-character. The lucky Bachelor or Bachelorette, usually a popular and recognizable character like Sailor Moon or Duo Maxwell, will sit on one side of a screen and ask questions to three contestants they don’t know the identities of! At the end of the match a contestant is chosen based solely on the answers they gave during the round. For example…
Duo Maxwell (Bachelor): So some may consider me the God of Death, does this sound intimidating to you?
Ryuk (Contestant 1): No, but you better not just sit around and play poker like the rest of us.
To make the game more interesting, the hosts are also cosplaying and in-character!
Once again for 2016 there will be a 18+ version of this panel with even more shenanigans! This will be Saturday night, while the PG-13 version is on Saturday afternoon. More specific times will be added closer to the convention!
Before Applying, please take the time to read through our rules and regulations!
- All costumes must abide by NashiCon’s rules and regulations.
- All participants must drop by the panel room 30 minutes ahead of time for a quick debriefing. The Dating Game is traditionally held after Cosplay Contest on Saturday in the evening.
- All participants must be at least of 16 years of age by the time of NashiCon. (Participants of the 18+ panel will need be to 18 by the time of the con)
- Participants must be in cosplay, no original characters unfortunately.
- Participants must be registered attendees of NashiCon.
Still a bit confused on how this works? Here is a video from a prior year’s dating game:
Credit for the video goes to Empleh Fraley