2017 Interactive Event Rules and Guidelines:
1. Interactive Events need to be a minimum of 1 hour and a maximum of 2 hours. Included in this time is setup and take-down. You may start your event early (provided the event before yours has already ended) and you may end early, but you may not go over.
2. There will be the standard a/v hookups in each room. If you need a specialized hookup, such as an HDMI cable, YOU are responsible for bringing one. Nashicon will not be providing these. Please be aware that there may also not be HDMI ports in every panel room, so bringing a way to hook your device up to VGA is recommended.
3. Each main panelist (the person who sends in the event application) is eligible for 1 free badge. You are allowed to apply for and run as many events at Nashicon as you want, but you only get 1 free badge.
4. Your event MUST be appropriate for all ages unless you specifically designate it as 18+. Therefore, know that if your workshop is designated as 18+, it may be less likely to be accepted.
5. If your event is not 18+ and you are found to have included excessive cursing, violence, nudity, or sex in your panel your badge will be confiscated, you will be banned from participating further in Nashicon 2017, and you will be permanently blacklisted as a panelist.
6. Nashicon strives to provide a variety of high-quality programming that is relevant to our core theme – a celebration of Japan and Japanese culture. Interactive Events and other programming that more closely reflect our themes will always be given priority over ones that do not. While we do accept events about non-Japanese topics, they will not be given priority.
7. No food or drinks!! This INCLUDES giving away candy as a prize for winning a game! We know that candy is cheap and everyone loves it, but we cannot have it in the building! Please consider alternatives, such as gift cards, cheap figurines from the dealer’s room, trading cards, old manga, etc.
If you have any questions, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.