Thanks to everyone who participated in the 2017 costume contest! See you next year~
Have a costume you wish to show off? Or do you have a costume you made and would like to enter it to win prizes? Then this is the event for you. Have your costumed enter to be judged, or have a walk on to show off your costume to an audience. Rules are subject to change by the Nashicon staff at any time without warning.
You can sign up for a judging time on Friday from 5pm – 10pm, or on Saturday from 10am to 5pm. These spots are first-come, first served, so make sure to get there early! Judging times will be on Saturday from 10am to 5pm.
- Registration to Nashicon is required to enter the costume contest (either Saturday only or All Weekend).
- Costumes must be 80% handmade or significantly altered by the contestant. The only exception is if the person who did make the costume is able to attend the pre-judging.
- No costume is no costume.
- A photo reference is highly recommended, but not required. We REALLY recommend at least one reference! Fanart is ineligible as a source.
- Upon signing up for the contest you will be given either a judging time or other directions on when and where to go for pre-judging. Showing up late is an automatic disqualification.
- Anyone wishing to do a ‘walk-on’ should show up to the ballroom during the ‘costume contest setup’ time slot listed in the schedule. No pre-registration is required.
- We are no longer accepting ‘closet’ costumes, or anything that falls below the 80% rule. However, you may still either do a ‘walk-on’ before the contest.
- If you have any questions please feel free to contact the Contest Head via email: email@example.com
- No explosives, real firearms, or projectiles.
- No using things that may dirty/damage the stage, or make it unsafe for contestants (ie: glitter, water, confetti, etc)
- All skits must be pre-approved by the judges. This can be done at craftsmanship pre-judging. If you are only entering a skit then sign up for a craftsmanship slot so you can meet with the judges.
If you are unsure of any of the guidelines please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. As the con draws closer more specific rules will be added, but if you follow the rules posted above, you will be good for the contest.
We welcome walk-ons for people who either haven’t made their costumes or made at least 80% of their costumes. If you choose to do a walk-on, you will not be judged.